Quinoa and spinach

One of my favourite youtube site is Tarastilesyoga's. Tara's channel is full of yoga things, from yoga for beginner to the pro. Last week I cam across this recipe that she uphold, Its quinoa and spinach.
As a vegetarian I am always looking for something to replace with protein and Quinoa is a great source of protein. It's an amino acid-rich (protein). Not only is it high in protein, but it has all the nine essential amino acid.
Spinach is rich in antioxidants, source of vitamin A, and folic acid. For many vegetarian like me out there you probably suffer from iron deficiency, and spinach is great source of iron.
Recipe:
-Quinoa
-Spinach
-Red bell pepper
-salt
-olive oil
-Black pepper
direction:
Steam the spinach for 6 minutes, cook quinoa till ready.
Cut red bell pepper into little dices. Mix all the ingredients together,add salt, black pepper, and alive oil.
For my version of it, I decided to side it with strawberry and almonds.
Bon Appetit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwkXOFR9To&feature=channel_video_title

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper