Caribbean Explosion!


Hi everyone, hope everyone is having an amazing week. I am going to start by apologizing for not
blogging for while, I've been really busy with work and more work. Regardless, I am back and have something great things to share with you guys. Yesterday I had the great pleasure of trying a new recipe which one of my co-worker called Caribbean Explosion because of the colours and the hot spices. This recipe is really simple, and takes less than hour to do. This recipe is simple yet amazing, the taste is all in the spices. I think this recipe depicts how easy it is to take something as simple and plain as rice and vegetables and turn into something  great. 

P.S. Sorry about the pictures, I took the picture with my Ipod so I doesn't have the best quality.

 Ingredients:
-1 sweet corn
-Yellow, Green, and Red bell pepper  (diced)
-2 cups of wild rice and white rice
-1 Tomato (Diced)
-Carrot
-Pepper (cayenne, jalapeño and chili pepper) Diced
-3 Green onion (diced)
-2 tbs Cumin
-2 tbs Curry Power
-2 tbs Black pepper
-2 tbs Chili powder
-2 tbs sea salt
-3 tbs Seas oil
-2 tbs red wine vinegar

Step:
1. We all have a different way of cooking rice, so I say pick a method to cook the rice that best suits you. I like to have hot water in a pot with 1 tbs of sea salt, and oil. Let it boil, and add the rice. Let it cook till dente. Or Cook according to package instruction. Try not to over cook it because when its soft and mushy its not good.
2. While the rice is cooking, in a large frying pan or skillet, pour oil,  add corn and onion, spice them and keep stirring till the onion is golden brown. Then Add Bell pepper, carrot, tomato, and pepper. Again, spice everything with the curry, cumin, chilli and black pepper. (side: When you add any new ingredients to anything always spice again). Stir for about a minute and let it cook for another two minutes.
3. Once everything has observed the spices, add the rice and mix with everything. Let it cook for another 2 minutes and you are ready to serve. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper