Vegan Pizza and Sobert

               So three days ago I finally got pinterest, and while pinning my board I came across beautiful pictures of pizzas which I talked about on my second last blog. I was so inspired by those photos so I decided to make my first home made pizza. I must say the pizza was REALLY GOOD!!!!. 
Ingredients 
3 cups flour 
1 tbs fast rising yeast 
1 tbsp salt 
1 cup water, warm 
1 tbsp sesame oil

Topping Ingredients 
1 red bell pepper (chopped or sliced) 
1 flat mushroom (sliced or sliced) 
1 green onion (chopped) 
Firm tofu (chopped) 
1 tomato (chopped) 
1 (10.5 ounce)Packaged vegan mozzarella style shred, and pepperjack style shreds. (Diaya)
1 jalapeño pepper (diced)
3 red Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ground black pepper 
3 tbsp curry powder 

Steps 
1. Preheat oven to 365 
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and olive oil. Mold dough until everything is combined and mixed good. Form and ball and let dough sit for 10 minutes. 
3. In the meanwhile, spice the topping vegetables with curry, ground pepper, and salt.  Preheat skillet at medium heat, add sesame oil stir everything  and let it sauté for 3-5 minutes. 
4. Roll out dough, place on baking pan or pizza pan (foil and oiled) Bake for 10-15 minutes till little brown. Remove from oven and let it cool off. 
5. Add topping, return pizza to oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. 
6. Take out pizza slice, let it cool off and serve. 

         It takes about an Hour to make it. I like sautéing the topping before hand because it gives flavour compared to just add the topping with no spices or anything. Since this is a vegan dish, for dessert I sided the pizza with a delicious  mango sorbet topped with mango. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter