Carrot Soup and Pesto

Happy new year, and I hope all of your wishes and dreams do come true this year. So,  I had little to no time to blog at all during the first semester, but I truly hope this semester will be different. If you are a vegan, or vegetarian you probably know about the amazing food magazine call Vegetarian Magazine. This magazine has great recipes, for vegan, vegetarian, or even meat eaters. So, this week I had the chance of trying one of their recipes, however like always I like to make it my own. This is my firs time making carrot soup, and i have to say it turned out pretty good, but the only downside i putt way too much garlic, and I cannot handle the taste of garlic that seems to linger. Also, the difference between the my recipe and Vegetarian times, I used almond instead of almond for the pesto. Also, the pesto is my own home made recipe. Furthermore, in my recipe as always I cannot stand any food that lack seasoning and spices, so I ensured that I used favourable spices. 
  Vegetarian Times version of Carrot soup

INGREDIENTS

2 Tbsp olive oil 
2 shalots 
1 clove garlic (grounded garlic) 
Dry white, or red wine (I used Redwine) 
6 carrots sliced 
3 cups of sodium broth vegetable 
1/3 chili powder 
1/2 grounded caraway 
1/2 Coriander 
Rosemary 

Pesto
1 large Basil 
1/2 medium clove garlic 
handful of almond 
sesame oil 
pinch of sea salt 
grated lemon zest 

Serve with garlic Bread

INSTRUCTIONS
1.Carrot soup:Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Add leek and shallots and sauté for four minutes. Stir in garlic and wine; simmer five minutes. Add carrots, broth,seasoning, and two cups water. Cover reduce heat to medium low and simmer 45 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2.Pesto:
Start chopping the garlic, along with basil, lemon, salt, and oil (alternative: using a blender, add basil, garlic, oil, salt, lemon zest, and almond. Let it blend till ready, and you have a yummy pesto)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter