Pesto Revolution

    
  Wow, what can I say…the month just flew by like a bird freed from its cage. It is already mid January, and I am still wondering how did I make it this far without realizing it. Anyway, keeping with my New year's resolution of blogging as much as possible I finally bought by Josaph Shuldiner book, Pure Vegan: 70 recipes For Beautiful Meals and Clean Living to help me keep my promise. The book is pretty good, one thing I love about it is how simple, and easy the recipes are which is a BIG plus. I will attempt to try all 70 recipes. With that said, I have another yummy recipes to all vegan/vegetarian audiences. I recently came across this beautiful cooking blog, and I fell in love with both of them, mynewrootsbetacyanin and sproutedkitchen all site/blogs have easy delicious recipes, which brings me to today's recipe which is from Sproutedkitchen. This recipe is fairy easy, and worth trying. As always I try to make the recipe in way that is comfortable, and enjoyable to me. However, I know some people will always prefer the original, so here is the link for the original recipe; sproutedkitchen. I am sorry for the low qualities of the pictures. 



INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Tbsp Roasted Garlic oil (must Have) 
  • 2 Ibs *one large* butternut squash, peeled seeded, and cut into dices. 
  • 1tsp caraway
  • Rosemary 
  • 2 Bay leaf
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 8 oz of white/whole grain penne pasta 
  • 1/2 cups of grated permeasan
  • Pesto
  • 2 bags of Basil leaf 
  • 3 tsp Roasted Garlic oil 
  • 1/2 cups or handful of almond 
  • pinch of sea salt 
  • 1tsp Vinegar 
  • 1 cups of permeasan 


INSTRUCTIONS

  1.  Cook pasta according to in structure
  2.  Preheat the oven to 450. 
  3.  In a baking pan place cooking sheet, or aluminum foil place diced squash cubes in the pan season with salt, rosemary, caraway, bay leaf and roasted garlic oil. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. 
  4. While the pasta cooks, and the butter quash bakes itself, in  blender or food processor add a sold amount of roasted garlic oil, salt, vinegar, Basil leaf, Almonds and permeasan cheese. Blend everything till smooth
  5. In a large mixing bowl, or cooking pan combine the pasta once cooked and drained with Pesta, and drizzling a good amount of roasted garlic oil. Mix well. Drizzle permeasan and server warm, or hot. 



 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper