Have a Great Long Weekend!


              Happy Friday!!Friday is finally here, and the weekend is just hours away. This week in Canada it is a long weekend with Canada day on July first. Of course there are a lot of things happening this weekend, however I am working all weekend so I am not sure that I will enjoy my weekend as I’d like to. On Saturday I am working, but I am closing so I’ll have time to do yoga which I haven’t done in a week, oh wait I actually did yoga last week, but I haven’t done hot yoga in two weeks; so it’s nice that I get a chance this weekend to do it. On Sunday I am working again, and on Canada Day Monday I am scheduled to work as well. Regardless, I am planning on have some fun after work hopefully if I am not tired after work. If you are in Canada enjoy the long weekend with lots of friends, and Canada day activities; even better head down to the capital city and enjoy Canada day with performance with Carly Rae Jepsen, and Metric. For those out of the country have a great weekend!.
Time for food now; today for lunch after spending four hours in a coffee shop talking to a friend; I came home and decided to try something simple and less time consuming. It’s similar to hummus, but with avocado.  Also, I used the chickpeas and wheat berries from the previous recipe chickpeas and wheat berry salad
For snack, or dessert a friend gave me this yummy pastry from Bread and Sons Bakery



INGREDIENTS 
•    1 cup of Raw chickpea/or canned
•    1 cup of wheat berries
•    Olive oil 
•    1 tbsp. salt
•    3 large spoon of tahini
•    1 avocado
•    1 tbsp. cumin
•    1 pita bread

INSTRUCTIONS 
•   Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400°F, in a baking pan rip the pita bread into pieces. Let it bake for about 4-5 minutes. To make dry
•    In a blender or food processer add a little of olive oil, salt, and cumin. Add the chickpeas, and wheat berry; with little of water, or lime. Blend everything till smooth, or a little crunchy. Add the tahini and blend everything for another two minutes; and last add the dice avocado and blend everything for about two minutes till the avocado blends in, and smoothed out.
•    Service with olive oil drizzle on top.
Makes 1-2 serving.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper