Weekend adventure: Marathon!


This weekend I ran my fourth marathon (5K) and I’ve finally came close to reaching my ultimately goal of running under 30 minutes. Even though my time was 31:05 and not 20 something as I planned, I am still proud of myself because now I can start training future marathons.
I am currently trying to find job and it seems like retail is no longer for me, so I am currently training to get my Smart Serve certification so I can find a job in the service industry of restaurants, which I think would probably be a better fitting for me because I will be dealing with food all day, and you guys know how I love my food; the ultimate job for a foodie is to work in restaurant. I will get you guys updated if and when I get my certificate and find a job.
I’ve recently developed this strange liking toward asparagus, which is strange because I’ve tried a year ago and I could not bring myself to eat it. But for the last few weeks it’s has been a stable in my diet; I’ve been adding it in everything that I cook. So this weekend dish key ingredient is asparagus. This dish is a colorful fusion of Indian food meets  Caribbean food.

INGREDIENTS 


·      Half Avocado (sliced in cube shape)
·      Half white onion (sliced in cube shape)
·      Half red bell pepper (sliced in cube shape)
·       Half green apple (sliced in cube)
·       Half tomato (sliced in cube)
·      4 asparagus sliced
·       ½ tbsp. Spicy curry
·      ½ tbsp. turmeric
·      ½ tbsp. cumin
·      Olive oil
·      2 cup of Basmati rice (cooked according to box direction).




INSTRUCTIONS 



  1.  In a cooking pot or pan pour the olive oil and add the chopped onion, let it marinate till brown. Add the sliced avocado, asparagus, green apple and red bell pepper. Spice the marinating vegetables, let them marinate/cook for 10-12 minutes. 
  2.  In a cooking pot bring the pot to a boil; add the rice with a pinch of salt and 2 cup of water let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. 
  3. Once the rice and vegetables are done cooking serve them warm or hot, and you are done bon a appetite.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter