Sunday Top Five




So I thought it’s about time I bring back my Sunday top five. These are my Sunday top five, which are things that interest me, or I feel like everyone should know about.
  1. Moby-Dick; or The Whale by Herman Melville. I am currently reading this book and every time I find myself lost in the adventure, and completely lost in the voyage and the sailors’ pursuit of Moby-Dick. “Human madness is oftentimes a cunning and most feline thing. When you think it fled, it may have but become transfigured into small still subtler form” p. 268
  2. @cyogalab June yoga Challenge. I love summer challenges, and this is the perfect challenge for me. For the next 30 days I will be posting 30 asana from the 30 days challenge calendar offered by cyogalab. 
  3. Orphan Black – I’ve recently started watching the show Orphan Black and I completely love it. I am really big on Sci-fi movies and TV shows and this show falls right in my ally. The thing love about the show is that it asks many questions particularly about moral and ethical consequences of human cloning and its effect on issue of personal identity. Also, it’s a great personification of the old debate about the importance of nature vs. nurture; whether one is far more influential than another. The show seems to point toward the nurture side.
  4. Frida Kahlo self-portrait with Thorn Necklace – I absolute love this photo of Frida; there is something about that’s beautiful and speaks for itself.
  5. Vegan Brownies – I had some time off today so I decided to try making brownies for the first time. This is absolutely my favorite thing to bake now. The recipe is based on food.com site version; with a minor change in the frosting; I went with a store bought frosting.

INGREDIENTS

  •  2 Cups flour
  • 1 Cup water
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 1 Cup white sugar
  • 1 tbsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla
  • ¾ Cup cocoa powder
  • ½ Cup vegetable oil
  • ½ Teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ Almonds

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cook water and 1/2 cup of the flour over low heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches the consistency of a gluey paste.
  2. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
  3. Mix sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder and vegetable oil, and then add the flour-water mixture. Mix well.
  4. Add the remaining 1½ cups of flour, plus the baking powder and almonds.
  5. In a baking pan spread mixture
  6. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes.
  7. Once done, let it cook down a little, than spread the frosting. Enjoy with a side of cold milk. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter