Stress Free Granola

So I had a very stressful day today and release myself I've decided to bake which is something I refuse to do because what I bake never comes out as it supposed to. But today being a very stressful and wanting something sweet that's vegan so I thought baking would be the right remedy to my stress. Baking being my least of my skills instead of the granola turning into a granola bar it turned into a granola cereal, which is fine because I can still eat it either for breakfast or late night snack. 
I love granola bars and cereal because it has many nutritional values; that could help lower your cholesterol and prevent certain chronic diseases.
This is my revised version of Oh She Glow granola with little modification here and there to make it my own. 

INGREDIENTS
·      1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
·      2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
·      1 cup of steel-coats  
·      1/2-3/4 cup dried cherries (organic)
·      1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
·      1/2 cup pepitas seeds 
·      1/2 cup sliced almonds
·      1 teaspoon coca powder
·      1 cup cashews  
·      1/4 cups 2 tablespoon raw honey 
·      5 sliced of raw ginger 
·      1/2 cups sliced coconut


INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 250F. While the oven is heating up grease a large rectangular baking dish and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
  •  
  • In a large bowl, combine the gluten oats, steel-oat, coconut, almond, dried cherries, pepitas seeds, coca powder, cashews, and ginger. Thoroughly combine everything. 
  • Place the honey, and vanilla in a small bow and stir well. Then pour the honey and vanilla into the raw ingredients and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture onto baking pan. Press down until compacted and smooth out until even. 
  • Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Place dish on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Then place it on cooling rack for another 10 minutes, and then another 10 more minutes in the freezer. Slice into bars when they are cool.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter