Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ grounded black pepper
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups diced white mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2-4 cups of vegetable broth
- Blender or food processor
- In a large pot, heat almond and cauliflower over medium-high heat. Cook for 20 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook garlic, garlic powder and onion over medium heat until tender or golden brown.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, cook until mushroom are tender or for 20 minutes.
- Pour the almond milk and cauliflower mixture into a blender, or food processor. Mix until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the mushroom mixed into the blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Once done, pour the blended mixture of the mushroom and almond milk/cauliflower to the other half of the stock pot with the mushrooms and whisk. Add salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to mix.
- Serve hot