Vegan and Gluten Free Pancake

 FullSizeRender 2.jpg

There is something about a fluffy stack pancakes covered in syrup with blueberries and strawberries that makes getting up just a little bit early easier. Pancakes have always been of my favourite food  or breakfast, if it was up to me I’d have pancake everyday. But let’s be honest spending 5-10 minutes every morning dedicated to making pancake is impossible when you have work, and school. But given the chance to do it, I usually take the opportunity to make myself a fluffy stack of pancakes for breakfast. 
While I am not gluten intolerance, I do enjoy making gluten free goods and experiment with different gluten free products. That being said, I took the opportunity today to make a fluffy stack of vegan/gluten free pancake with one of my favourite toppings, strawberry. While my previous experiment with pancake usually turns into a disaster, this was not one of those cases. The pancake turned just how I wanted it to be fluffy and just perfect. 
Finding gluten free pancake mix is not hard to find these days, you can enter into any wholes food store or even your local Walmart and you will find a gluten free pancake mix. For this recipe I used President Choice Gluten-Free Original Pancake Mix. To make the pancake vegan friendly I’ve used almond milk and flax seeds egg. 
Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup PC gluten-free pancake mix 
  • 1 tbsp ground flax (How to make flax egg) or ( 1 egg)
  •  1 1/2 cups of almond milk 
Steps
  1. Preheat  non-stick frying pan to medium-high, or nonstick electric griddle to 400°F (200 °C)
  2. In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and whisk until well combined, or until the lumps disappear. Let it stand 1-2 minutes to thicken
  3. Pour less than 1/4 batter for each pancake onto hot, lightly greased pan/griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles appear on surface, bottom are golden brown and the pancakes feels firms when slightly pressed with spatula. 
  4. Serve immediately with syrup and fruit topping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper